Thursday, January 05, 2006

Elvis Costello & The Imposters - Royal Court Theatre Liverpool 16/02/05
























The Beloved Entertainer!!!

The amazing thing about young Declan is that he's never shit. He's different at times but never shit. This gig was stunning from the start - he opened with 'Blue Chair' which had me grinning like a wanking Jap and it never dipped from there. He played most of his new album 'The Delivery Man' which is easily in the list of his best 5 albums.

He played some great looking guitars - think my fave was the blonde Telecaster - I love the sound of a slightly distorted Telecaster!!

He played 2.5 hours straight then off, no encore. The last 1/2 hour was like being pummelled as hit followed hit after hit. Look at this for a setlist!!!


Blue Chair
Uncomplicated
The Name Of This Thing is Not Love
Mystery Dance
Everyday I Write The Book
Button My Lip
Country Darkness
Needle Time
Hidden Shame
Blame It On Cain
Either Side Of The Same Town
(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
Good Year For The Roses
Heart Shaped Bruise
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
Our Little Angel
Kinder Murder
In The Darkest Place
You Turned To Me
When I Was Cruel No. 2
Watching The Detectives
The Delivery Man
Monkey To Man
Hidden Charms
There's A Story In Your Voice
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
High Fidelity
Pump It Up
Nothing Clings Like Ivy
Shipbuilding
Bedlam
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Oliver's Army
The Scarlet Tide

Absolutely fookin amazing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home