Wednesday, December 28, 2005

There is a happy land






I lived in Africa when I was a kid. Between the ages of 09 - 12 I lived in a town called Ndola in Zambia. Apart from school term times but that's another story.

I'm haunted by the times I spent there, the smell of the bush after the rain, the liberation of the swiming pool from the heat, the smoke of the bri BBQ pit, the sunsets that broke my heart and the realisation that my life was oohhhh so diferent from my friends I'd left in Little Lever were the Headmaster of my school called me out at my last assembly and shook my hand before all the school and wished me luck on my travels.

From what I've seen on the net the place looks like a ghost town nowadays - in my heart I'd love to go back but my head tells me I still wouldn't find what I'm looking for....

2 Comments:

Blogger Koos F said...

Hi Haribo
Promise: if I ever rule the world places with special memories attached to them will be declared untouchable, that is to say no-one may touch them.
As an illustration:
I was born on a Dutch barge (no joke, not unusual at all in Holland) in a very peaceful and picturesque canal in Maastricht, just this side of the border with Belgium.
When I was 25 I saw the place again, but they'd changed it into a flippin' highway.
Val and I have a special expression for that: 'Improved beyond repair'

1:13 PM  
Blogger ernie said...

Hey Tony!!!
Thank you very much for reading my blog :) I'm glad you like it that I like the Who, not sure what you mean with Scorpions, but anyway...
A very happy newyear for you and your family
Grtz Elke!

p.s., no i wasn't at basement jam

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home